Thursday, April 22, 2010

Save My Oceans Tour w/Disney OCEANS Film - UC Berkeley - 4/21/2010

by Nicole Parisi-Smith, San Francisco Chapter

This is a follow up to my Saturday post about the Save My Oceans Tour concert with the Cold War Kids ...

Last night fellow San Francisco Surfrider Chapter volunteer Keely and I set up an outreach table at the Save My Oceans Tour screening of the new Disney enviro film, OCEANS.


photo: me & Keely

Students who had taken the online Save My Oceans Pledge previous to yesterday began lining up outside of Cal's Wheeler Auditorium sometime before I even arrived at the venue at 6:30pm. Once the film's coordinators arrived, and set up an EZUP outside of Wheeler Auditorium, all students were re-directed to a new line, which had formed in front of the EZUP. After collecting their hard tickets from the EZUP, students entered Wheeler where they waited in a second line outside of the theater doors.


photo: Outside of Wheeler Auditorium

We set our Surfrider table up right outside of the theater doors, where we could talk with students about Surfrider (and answer their questions about where to pick up their OCEANS tickets:)



Keely and I canvassed line #2 outside of the theater doors, to make sure that the students received info about Surfrider, even if they weren't able to stop by our outreach table.

We left some materials on our outreach table while we were inside the theater watching OCEANS, which was an awesome film!


photo: Keely waiting for OCEANS to start!

This concludes the Surfrider San Francisco Chapter's participation in the Save My Oceans Tour. Thanks to everyone who made it possible, including Disney rep Maureen, who helped us out with set up last night!

No comments: